In celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary my husband and I are headed to the UK! We fly to London for a few days and then to Scotland and finally Ireland. To say we’re excited is putting it mildly! Thanks to our awesome travel agent we have an itinerary full of all the fun things, great places to stay and see. The one thing we don’t have? A clear idea of what to wear. Of course I am speaking for myself – my husband will throw some jeans, tops, a few sweaters, and a jacket in a suitcase and he’ll be good to go. #menhaveitsoeasy
When I traveled to San Francisco last year, you all saved me! I did a post on what I was packing and thanks to your feedback I made some major changes. I am hoping for the same kind of feedback this time!
Here’s a quick break down of what we’ll be doing:
- 3 days in London – we fly in super early on the first day (7am arrival) – 2 of the days are wide open, 1 day we are doing an all day Welcome to London tour. One night we are having dinner with Anna and her husband!!!
- 4 days in Edinburgh, Scotland 2 of which we have tours booked. Outlander Adventure Tour and Rosslyn Chapel & the Scottish Borders are on our itinerary.
- 5 days in Ireland. We fly in to the Shannon Airport and then head off to Killarney. While there we are booked for a Full Day of Ring of Kerry Tour, Cliffs Moher, Bunratty Castle, Burren and Galway, and a 12 hour Blarney Castle Day Trip.
- The only thing that can make this trip better? If my stylin’ sista Mary and the beloved TP can make it to London from Gurensey! Finger crossed!
I’m sharing this so you’ll have an idea of what we’ll be doing. BTW, we are leaving at the end of September – what is the weather really like at that time of the year? My research tells me the temps average between the 50’s and 60’s (Fahrenheit). That will be cold for this Florida girl!
I haven’t done a lot of shopping for the trip but I did buy the outfit above from Athleta. Both pieces were on clearance and I love them! They will pack so well, they are comfortable, and I can wear them after the trip as well. I kinda hate buying things I’ll only wear for a specific purpose.
Take a look at what I’m planning to pack and PLEASE give me suggestions!
- 2 pair of jeans (1 light and one dark wash)
- 2 pair printed leggings
- 1 pair black leggings,
- 1 pair black joggers
- 1 pair olive color athletic pants (mentioned above)
- blush pink sweatshirt,
- 2 long sleeve tees from Victoria Secret (one is maroon, the other pink)
- blue sweatshirt
- gray cowl neck tunic
- white pull over sweatshirt from Athleta (mentioned above)
For layering purposes I am bringing several button up shirts and a few layering tees. My plan is to mix and match these pieces. I am also bringing two long cardigans, and a poncho.
I’ll bring my light pink cargo jacket and a black leather jacket as well as my rain coat.
We’ll be staying at a few hotels multiple nights and I am hoping if we need to we can have some clothes laundered. I have no problem wearing bottoms multiple times but tops are a different story.
So, what do I need more of? Less of? If you live over there email me and maybe we can meet up! It looks like a lot I know but I keep reading that layers are essential.