Happy October friends! Even though not much changes around here weather wise I still love October! It signals the start of all kinds of fun activities and we’re one month closer to my favorite holiday – Thanksgiving! My husband and I will also celebrate our 23rd anniversary this month and while we don’t normally do anything big to celebrate I enjoy it all the same.
Today I am thrilled to answer The Blended Blog’s Fall Theme questions and because I’m participating in the Common Threads Challenge I’m sharing my first look.
Without further adieu, let’s get answering those questions!
1. MY favorite fall sweet treat is pretty much anything with pumpkin. It’s impossible for me to narrow it down and I love to bake. I’m always inspired to whip up something wonderful!
2. I love red and yellow apples! The green ones are a little too tart for me but I bake with them.
3. Sorry, I don’t play any sports and I never have.
4. I enjoy a skinny pumpkin spice latte but I’m not obsessed, I probably only have 2 a season. I hate drinking calories and I’d rather use my money to buy clothes, accessories, or make up!
5. My favorite Fall activity would have to be going to my nephew’s haunted house he and his friends put together every year. It’s amazing and they’ve been doing it for years. They work on it for months and it is AMAZING.
6. My must have Fall purchase – my open toe booties (here on sale!).
7. We have always bought pumpkins and lately I’ve been buying fake ones!
8. Fake all the way, the real ones rot in no time in this heat!
9. My favorite Halloween costume when I was a kid was the Minnie Mouse costume I had when I was in 4th grade. My neighbor was Mickey and he and I made the masks (his dad was an art teacher). We looked awesome, wonder where the pictures are? Hmmmmm…
10. I prefer College football – Go Gators!
11. I love Fall decor, the colors are so beautiful and I love the way my home looks all decked out. Sadly this year we aren’t pulling out the decorations because we are remodeling the kitchen and painting the rest of the house – boo! (no pun intended but see what I did there? Boo like a ghost – hee, hee!)
12. We have lots of oak trees and therefore lots of leaves. They get raked but not by me.
13. I don’t have a favorite soup, I prefer chili.
14. The Pumpkin Waffles scent from Walmart is my favorite this year, a 3 wick candle for under $5? Yes please.
15. Love pumpkin spice!
16. Short booties for me! If it were colder here I’d be all over tall boots.
17. My favorite Halloween candy is Almond Joy or Mounds but I never turn my nose up to chocolate. I’m not a big fan of sugary candy.
18. Pumpkin Spice Latte yes,please! Make mine a skinny one though!
19. Hayride I think although I’ve never been in a corn maze. They’re not that common where I live.
20. This is Us is my favorite Fall TV show, love it! A runner up would have to be The Real Housewives of NJ, I love all the crazy!
That was fun! You know what else is fun? Kicking off the Common Threads Challenge. Here’s what I’m wearing today:
In planning for this challenge I had to brainstorm all the ways I would wear these pieces over 31 days – that’s a long time! The nice thing is that now that all of my planning is done I know what I’ll be wearing each and every single day this month – such a bonus. I am also so excited to see what everyone else is wearing and how they’re mixing their pieces. Follow me on Instagram and you can see what I wear everyday during this challenge!
Through tomorrow Loft is having a sale! Everything is 50% off with FREE SHIPPING!!! Great time to order a few of the pieces I’ll be wearing for the challenge:
My olive pants are sold out but here are some alternate choices:
Wide Leg Chino Pant • ELOQUII • $42.99–84.90
Inc International Concepts Plus Size Zip-Pocket Cropped Pants, Created for Macy’s • INC International Concepts • $34.75
Melrose and Market Linen-Blend Drawstring Pants (Plus Size) • $20.92
Mid-Rise Pixie Ankle Pants for Women • Old Navy • $19.97–29
Style & Co Cuffed Slim-Leg Pants, Created for Macy’s • Style&Co. • $19.98
The Audrey Ankle Pant – Solid • New York & Co. • $29
Similar striped tops: