Welcome to a not so typical blog post from me! Today I am participating in a chili-soup-stew recipe swap and blog hop hosted by my friend Leslie. Thank you to all who are visiting me from Lisa’s blog, Musings of a Middle-Aged Mom welcome!
This is the perfect time for adding new recipes to your repertoire as cooler weather has arrived for most. Something about fall just begs for all the chili, soup, and stew, amiright?
The recipe I am sharing today is one I came across about 18 months ago and has become a staple in our home. My family loves it – my husband, sons, and even my extended family. I’ve shared the recipe with my mom and she’s made it for friends who loved it too.
Low Carb Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Sausage (spicy or mild)
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 C broth or water
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, avocado
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and brown beef and sausage. Drain the meat, leaving a small amount of juices. Transfer meat and sauces to slow cooker.Add remaining tbsp of oil to the pan, and sauté onion, pepper, and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Transfer veggies to slow cooker with meats.Add the tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, chili, cumin, salt and pepper, and water or broth. Mix well. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy this chili. For another fabulous recipe, please go visit Kirstin at Troyers Living Life.
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment…I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!