Today I’m linking up with the fabulous ladies of The Blended Blog to talk all things beauty. Now if you’re anything like me you are going to want to hear all the details behind all the faces you see on your favorite blogs. So this one’s for you, curious friends like me. I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers!
- I do use an eyelash curler. I’d like to say I use it everyday but I don’t I’m too impatient!
- My absolute favorite nail polish shade is OPI’s Mod About You . I try to give it as a gift whenever possible because I’m sure once you try it you’ll love it too. Just in case OPI gets a crazy idea like discontinuing the color I’ve stocked up! #obsessed
- I don’t have one specific favorite lipstick shade, I’m kind of lipstick crazy and buy them all the time. I am drawn to any hot pink or berry shade. Currently my favorites are Urban Decay Vice this one and this one.
- I air dry and then blow dry my hair. You may find this hard to believe but I do not know how to properly dry my hair with a brush. When I’ve tried I end up with a tangled mess. The only time my hair is blown dry properly is when I go to the salon. I’m a mess. Literally.
- No artificial nails for me. I’m not opposed to the idea but my nails grow well and I don’t enjoy sitting in a salon every few weeks to have my nails done. Most women find it relaxing but I find it annoying.
- Full coverage foundation please! I love make up!
- Hair down most days except at the gym or when I run.
- Dove Body Wash after the PA at my dermatologist’s office recommended it for my “crepey skin” that until she pointed it out I was unaware I had. She’s a joy I tell ya!
- I shower most of the time but now that my morning routine has become more relaxed I am enjoying bubble baths with epsom salts to help soothe my achy muscles (and crepey skin!).
- My favorite body lotion would be L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil however, since I have “crepey skin” it was recommended (by you know who from #8) that I use St. Ives Renewal Lotion with collagen and elastin.
- I wear perfume everyday – Viva la Juicy from Juicy Couture. One of my students told me I smelled like love!
- I do not shave my legs everyday but once shorts season hits I do every other day.
- My favorite lip balm is Nivea Milk & Honey. Every night I use a lip treatment from Pixi at Target that I love!
- I believe I first started wearing some make up when I was 12 – my sister is 5 years older so I think I did a lot of things early because of that influence. In retrospect I sure wish I hadn’t!
In addition to those questions, I thought I’d share some of my other beauty tips. The first being that I shave my face every single day. Yes, every single day. On a dry face – no, I do not use shaving cream. I do not have a beard but I know some women who do who might wanna give this a try! The main reason I do this is because I am petrified that I’ll find whiskers on my face one day. Yes, that may sound crazy but I own that crazy. It’s also a fantastic way to exfoliate your skin and my make up application is so much smoother! I use Target brand disposable razors – nothing fancy – they work great! Also, I do NOT participate in No Shave November, lol! #leavethatfortheguys
I took a few pictures of the products I use in the morning and in the evening in case you’re curious. Consistency is key for any skin care routine and since I’ve committed to taking better care of my skin it looks better. I can’t even remember the last time I went to bed with my make up on – it just doesn’t happen!
To make sure I apply all of my night time products I keep them in a little basket where I watch tv. That way I can apply each product and give it time to soak in before layering another over it. My recliner has become my skincare chair! You may be wondering about the Differin gel – I used to use a retinol product prescribed by my dermatologist but after hearing an awful lot about how Differin worked and is much less expensive I gave it a try last year. I think it works just as well so for now I’m keeping it in my line up!
My go-to products:
I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my beauty routine. If you have a favorite product I’d love to know about it. I trust the recommendations of everyday women much more than spokesmodels or actresses on tv when it comes to skincare products.
I appreciate you stopping by, tomorrow I’ll be back with my gal pals from the Ageless Style Link Up, I hope you’ll drop by!