Hi friends and welcome to Tuesday! Today I am sharing my experiences with Amazon Prime Wardrobe. I bet you’re like me and thinking is there anything Amazon can’t do? The concept is genius. Select items and try them in the comfort of your home for 7 days. Then simply return what you don’t want and enjoy what you do. For some crazy reason I have nice dresses on the brain and felt the need to pick out a few I wanted to try. I was looking for dresses that could be worn for events like weddings, graduations, and work meetings. I have plenty of casual dresses but felt the need to take it up a notch. So here’s what I selected and how it worked out.
The first dress I ordered in two sizes, a size 6 and a size 8. This dress is from the brand Lark & Ro. I tried both sizes on but the 6 just felt so tight, I preferred the 8. This dress zips up the back and I had to have my husband help me zip it up because I’m no contortionist. That was a deal breaker for me, I don’t like needing help to get dressed (why can’t I be Lady Mary and have a ladies maid?). Also? Not a fan of it on me. I will say the quality was excellent! The material is thick enough to smooth most bumps and bulges – I refuse to wear shapewear because it’s too hot.It’s reasonably priced at just $39 and comes in a variety of colors.
The second dress is the one my husband liked best. I think it’s horrible on me. I ordered it in a medium and maybe I should have gotten a large? I think it is awful on my body. I am short waisted with a large chest and a tummy. I had high hopes for this one because i have nothing like it in my closet, now I know why I don’t have anything like it in my closet – ha! It is well made and I love that the zipper is on the side and well concealed. This dress would be perfect for just about any occasion. It’s too bad it didn’t work for me.
The third and final dress was my favorite but not my husband’s. I love the red color and the sweet ruffle hem. I am wearing a medium in it. It’s lightweight and I do wish the jersey was just a tad thicker but overall I really liked this one. At $49 the price is not bad but since I own a few other wrap dresses and my husband wasn’t a fan I sent it back.
So here are a few things I learned about Prime Wardrobe:
- you need to pick out at least 3 items and up to 8
- not all clothing, shoes, and accessories on Amazon are Prime Wardrobe pieces – so look for pieces marked “Prime Wardrobe”
- your order will not arrive in the typical 2 days you’re used to – mine took almost a week, the typical ship time is 4-6 days
- all 4 of the dresses I ordered came in a tiny bag which meant they were a wrinkled mess – I hung them to let the wrinkles out so it took several days to do photos. I was afraid to iron them in case something went wrong since I knew after a quick try on I wouldn’t be keeping them
- you pay NOTHING unless you decide to keep a piece
- the bag or box your order arrives in can be used to return your items and the return label in include
My overall opinion? I enjoyed the process and will definitely order again! In fact my older son is hoping to get an internship this summer and he’ll need some business clothes. I will encourage him to use this service since it is so convenient!
Have you tried Prime Wardrobe yet? I’d love to know your experience!