Hello June and hello soon to be officially summer! I’m joining up with those fabulous ladies of The Blended Blog to share all things summer.
1. I love to bike and walk, obviously not at the same time (I’m a multitasker but not that good, lol). I don’t bike near as much as I’d like to though because my bike is currently hanging upside down in the garage and I would need my husband to get it down for me. But I do enjoy it!
2. I love all the picnic food, especially pasta salads – that’s a treat I don’t often indulge in.
3. Pool please, in Florida lakes can kill you literally – I’m lookin at you amoeba!
4. I love all kinds of things in ice cream but if I have to pick one single flavor a good vanilla would be it!
5. A dish because it’s neater, I don’t like drippy messes.
6. I own more flip flops than slides but right now I can’t really wear either for any length of time.
8. Watermelon is so refreshing in summer!
9. Again, I don’t like messes but I love corn on the cob. I cut it off because it’s neater that way!
10. Hands down my favorite summer song is “In the Summertime” Check it out here. Such a happy song, you just have to smile! Of course anything by the Beach Boys makes me think endless summer as well!
11. My favorite summertime activity would be bringing my chair to the edge of the water at the beach and talking non-stop with my bestie Melodie! Preferably there’s a cocktail involved!
12. Hmmmm…they’re all so berry good! I love ’em all – raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries!
13. I’m not a one -piece fan so it’s a tankini for me. I prefer to wear board shorts or a swim skirt with a tankini top.
14. Dresses are easier!
15. Sweltering! Hey, I live in Florida, what can I say?
Shop awesome sale shorts during Target’s BOGO 50% off sale:
Thought you might like to see how I wore an old pair of denim shorts (similar) a few weeks ago. My shorts were purchased several years ago from Loft but these from Target are every bit as good. Soft and stretchy yet lightweight – perfect for hot summer weather!I have struggled with getting the right fit in a gingham shirt for awhile – I had previously had this same top in a small but it gaped at the chest and seemed tight in the arms so I got rid of it. I ordered this one in a medium and it’s a keeper as well as on sale under $30! I tied it at the waist, and added my wedges and bright pink beads and straw bag (similar) for an easy and fun summer look!
Tomorrow I’ll be back with our Ageless Style link up and on Wednesday I’ll recap my 50th birthday weekend. I hope you’ll come back!